Friday, September 10, 2010

Family

I had a nice evening with my dad yesterday. We both share a love for all things music, so it is always nice to spend time enjoying concerts with him. I am realizing more and more that I need to cherish every moment spent with my mom and dad. I need to make more of an effort to show them my love and appreciation and not assume that tomorrow is a given. I dont want to look back with regret and wish that I would have done more. I have watched my friends go through losing a parent and I just cant imagine what I would do if this happened to me. I know that it will happen one day but I pray that we are all taken to heaven at the same time so I wouldnt have to know what its like to say goodbye to my parents. I guess saying goodbye to my child has made me appreciate everything I still have. I have my two boys and a very compassionate husband who make my life complete. My two brothers are still very protective of me after all these years. God has also given me someone very special to help me through all of this. I know he is at work in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment