Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Change of plans

This time of year is both exciting and sad at the same time. Avery is enjoying his senior and taking part in all of the fun activities. He is doing exactly what we wanted him to do. Have fun and enjoy this time in his life. On the other hand, I am missing out on getting Summer ready for all of the dances and social events. As she was growing up I had envisioned myself helping her prepare for school events. I would take her shopping and then take her to get her hair and nails done. I would take a million pictures of her dressed up and then she would tell me to stop making a big deal over her. All of these dreams were for me, not her. These are the things that I wanted to share with my daughter. I wanted to have pictures of her to show everyone. I dont have these things. I am going to just enjoy what I do have. I have two boys in highschool. Avery has a wonderful girl in his life, and they will both be successful. Sterling is suprising us everyday with his will to succeed. I will focus on what I do have.

No comments:

Post a Comment